a closer shot

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

morning, noon, and night: the rigidity!

Last week went quickly. This week marks the end of the first quarter. I can't believe it - it kind of makes me want to vomit a little in my mouth. Self-control. Anyway, I've got to make some marked progress here pretty soon. It's hard to tell if they are actually learning anything. What if I really can't teach? But I guess, that's the question that all teachers ask at one point or another, and I've only been doing it for 7 weeks. What was I thinking?

This past weekend was pretty fun, though. The volleyball coach asked me if I wanted to help keep score for the home games on Friday and Saturday, three games per day. There were three teams visiting - Stebbins, White Mountain, and Golovin. I ended up hanging out for all the games, keeping the score book and just watching, and taking pictures, of course.



This game was pretty intense. But UNK won, of course. Our volleyball mixed-six team is undefeated. Woot.



After the game on Friday, which went pretty late, Carrie and I were walking out, and on our way we saw a giant house in the middle of the road. They were moving a house, started too late, got tired, so they quit and left it until morning. I also heard that it started to sink on one side, so they didn't want to deal with it in the dark, or something like that. Anyway, bizarre. Glad Carrie was there to remind me to take a photo for a good blog moment.



Anyway, other than being totally lazy this weekend, volleyball is pretty much all I did, and I'm not even kidding you. I took naps, I read, I took walks (of course), and I worked a little at the school, but mostly I just relaxed. Oh, but we did get a little more snow...



Most of the boats are being winterized now, but I did see some people on the beach the other day who caught 2 seals. They were skinning and preparing them - pretty cool. No pictures, unfortunately. I didn't have my camera. I probably wouldn't have taken pictures anyway - I would have felt awkward.



This is Lucky. She hangs out with a team of dogs on the beach - never tied up. Anyway, she loves Starr, it's so funny. It's kind of cute. Starr's not one to be social all the time, so she gets a little annoyed, but Lucky just keeps playing with her. Whenever we go on walks, Lucky always shows up. Sometimes she crouches, like she's trying to sneak up on us, but it doesn't really work. She's not too stealthy...

I would like to show you a picture of Adrianna and I in our boots and shorts on one of our spirit days, but it would come up sideways, and I think it's a bad picture anyway, so hopefully I'll get a hold of a better one for you to see.

I should go. I have to teach a class in 20 minutes... :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Reading your blogs makes me happy. Miss you a lot!

AliveNsurvivn said...

Lucky is so cute. Not much is going on here. I went to chi alpha which is a christian college group geered to getting people to christ, discipling, and cultivating friendships. We had a ex-male prostitute speak. God really moved. I'm careful though. You know how spiritual experiences are at CT. Well, I gotta go. Big BIO test tomorrow. (EWWW!) Peace friend.