a closer shot

Friday, September 7, 2007

a whole month in, wide awake

Let's not talk about school. It's fine, but it's Friday, and I want to not talk about school untill...

I am feeling lethargic today. We went out on the boat and went berry picking, but we didn't stay for lots of reasons. One, Daniel was tired and fussy. Two, it was cold and windy. Three, I at least was not feeling it. And four, there weren't a whole lot of berries at this spot to be picked. Also, I am not a very good berry picker. Adrianna made the comment that I'm not a long term kind of berry picker. I said, "I'm not a long term anything." It's true. I am horrible with long term sorts of things.

I do have a lot of pictures of the village. I am teaching my journalism class (well, trying to teach anyhow) about photography in journalism, so I want them to start a photo journal, plus have a lot of really cool pictures for the school newspaper.




Ben Harper and Brandi Carlile are playing in the background. Sara Britt sent me a message and it made me smile. The rest of the group, my new bffs, are preparing Janelle's cranberry pumpkin bread. They are bringing it over to Dan and Adrianna's to bake because Jake and Janelle have a bum oven. Also, I love my dog.




I think it's about time to go upstairs to make bread. I am so tired, and I think I might be a little grumpy, or cranky, or whatever. I really want to curl up and watch a movie and fall asleep. The other night my dog layed down next to me at bedtime, like she always does. She's so cute. Anyway, she put her head on my shoulder, and I'm thinking, awww, she's so adorable. So what does she do? She burps in my face. It was great. She thought it was hilarious. At least she's comfortable. Whatev.



This is Adrianna and I hanging out at Jake and Janelle's (where else would we be?) hanging out (because that's pretty much what we do...) with folks for a game night. We had a few beverages. Jake totally spiked them. Tequila made me sick. Stupid tequila.

Anyway, I went to bed last night after lounging on that couch you see in the last picture. I slept for a long time, which is good. The date on this blog will say Friday, but really it is Saturday morning. Should be a good day.



We were watching a movie one evening (Pride and Prejudice, the Kiera Knightly version, which personally I don't like... even with the good cinemetography), and it was like, 10:30 or something at night, and we looked out the window and saw this rainbow, so we ran outside to take pictures. When I say "we" and say no names, usually I mean Adrianna and Dan and me, just fyi. Anyway, with the sunset it's kind of cool. We saw a double rainbow, too, but those photos aren't as good. So here, you have lots of village pictures. If you want to see more that my students took, you can go to unkjournalism.blogspot.com and see a whole bunch of really cool ones. Hopefully they'll keep getting better as they post what they write and they're pictures.

Alaska is still breathtaking. You really should come and see it for yourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great Post – very COOL!!!