a closer shot

Sunday, September 16, 2007

i remembered my camera

Saturday was mad busy. I got a call in the morning at 10:45 - Janelle woke me up because she needed to use my oven for the muffins she was baking to sell at the cross country run today. So I got up, took the dog on a quick walk, and frantically cleaned my house - it went from "who lives here?" to somewhat acceptable in about 20 minutes. Anyway, there were people in and out of my place before the race, and I got a call from my Dad, so it got a bit nuts, radda radda ra. I was helping out with the run, so my job was to stand out on the trail in the tundra to help mark the trail for the runners. I had a pretty sweet view.



For a while I was by myself. Since I was out there anyway I took bags to pick berries. Too bad it was super sunny and nice when we got up there, I started picking berries, but then it started to rain and it put me out of the mood to pick. So I stood in the rain with my back pack's rain cover on my head reading a book. I looked awesome, basically, since it's bright yellow. But then after a while I went up and stood with Adrianna and Dan. It was still raining, but they had a much sweeter view.



There were three races, so we were out there for about three hours. I rode up on a four wheeler with someone, but her rig started smoking weirdly, and Carrie was walking down, so I decided to just walk with her. Since the race was over, of course, the sun came out again and it was beautiful. It was a nice walk down, nice to be outside, nice conversation. My dog had gotten out in the craziness of everyone and their sister being in and out of my apartment, so she was out all afternoon in the rain. She got a bath.

Speaking of Carrie, she made an interesting observation about my blog. She noticed that all of my blogs are about me with Jake, Janelle, Adrianna, and Dan. She's like, you really spend a lot of time with them. I said, yes I do. And this is not a bad thing, but I do have more than four friends, although I do spend most of my free time with them, and actually, I hung out with Carrie on Friday night. It was a good time, I like her - we just forgot to take pictures. Fortunately, on Saturday evening we were also both at a foot party thing where this lady was selling stuff for the Body Shop, and we all got to have smoother feet skin and cool lotion and stuff, plus super amazing food from Patty (who I also hang out with sometimes, but I have no pictures of her, either), among other people, but I don't have any pictures from that yet. (Will you send me some?) Afterwards I was getting restless and everyone wanted to sit around a table and chat (which is OK) while Adrianna and I were gearing up to build a fire on the beach. Some people said they would come out if they saw a fire (liars), but whatev. So we go out to Jake and Janelle's to see if they are up for it, or one of them since Daniel was already in bed, and I realized that I locked myself out of my apartment. Awesome. (Jake brought tools and broke me in after the fire.) So we went and built a fire on the beach. It was so sweet. It was so dark outside. We poured gasoline on it a few times because the wood was all wet, but eventually it started to burn on its own. Anyway, Carrie ended up coming out, which was great. Fires are always better when there are more people, I think. I mean, I like small groups better usually, but some things just need lots of people. So this is my photo of more than just my four "bffs." Okay?



(There is another photo of C and I from Friday night, but I don't have it yet.)

I don't know why Adrianna is hiding behind Carrie and me. But if you want to know why my had is sideways, it's because I wanted to look up at the sky without the visor in my way. It was awesome - the sky was so clear, we saw the milky way, and about a billion stars. I saw a shooting star and a satellite. Plus our fire got pretty nice, even though most of the wood was wet - I took a video, but the fire had started to die down a bit by the time I shot it. Ach so.




Sorry you can't see people very well in the video. I'll try to take more of them for later. Anyway, I'm annoyed because it is Sunday, it's frankin' gorgeous outside, and I have to be in school doing work. Boo.

Happy birthday to my mother on Saturday. :)

Life is grand. Comment on my blog and it will be grander.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad the video didn't capture my funny faces. . . they don't need to be pasted all over the blog world :)

John Wooton said...

ack.. I forgot you were on here. I bookmarked your blog to check it out more often.

Anywho... I just wanted to stop by and say hi!

-john wooton