a closer shot

Monday, August 6, 2007

visual accompaniment - like a fancy duet

I now have a school issued laptop, which means wireless internet and unlimited usage, which means we have pictures today!

Let's start with a recall from Colorado...



This is my cousin David training the wild hummingbirds... He's that person in the family that no one talks about, if you know what I mean. Just kidding, David. He really is probably one of the funniest people you'll meet. And truth be told, we did get to experience the close hum of a hummingbird passing our faces, so that was cool.



This is my little cousin Luke. Isn't he the cutest thing? He made me smile the most, with his little one liners. He likes to skateboard, swing, and play in the park. He is single, but ladies, don't get any ideas. ;)



This is the rain coming in - doesn't it just look cool? We were eating outside, like we always were, so we watched it get closer and closer until it was time to finally go in. Pretty awesome, the sunshine and the rain...



This is the lake where we went fishing. That's my cousin Andrew fishing. No, we didn't catch anything. And no, I don't want to talk about it. But I did come away with some funny stories.



That's my Uncle Bob, slash fishing coach. He's super good at it. He likes to holler at you when you're on the phone, and laugh at you when you fail. hahaha.



My cousin Lynne and her niece (my cousin - I have a lot of cousins...) Ella (sideways, sorry) - pretty much beautiful. Pretty much, we're related.



That's me and my Auntie Ree (where my middle name comes from) at Helen Hunt falls in the mountains. It was so much fun being there with such a great family!!!




Looking at a mountain from the side of a mountain - this was my Colorado. Sorry if I bored you. I don't really care. This is my blog, dang it, and I'll do what I want. :)

Okay, but back to the present - Life in the Kleet. Unalakleet that is. And they do say the "la" there in the middle, they just say it so fast that you can hardly tell. I try to say it as little as possible so I don't get it wrong.

I'm moved into my aparmtent, which is nice. I have a few pictures of it, but they are kind of dull. It's small and perfect for just me. I don't have any pictures of the village yet, but I'll tell ya, it's beautiful, and it gets prettier every day I live here. Looking from the outside you might not think it so pretty. You might even say ugly. But I live here now, and I like it. The people are very nice. I went fishing and caught 2 fish (silver salmon - 1.5 feet about), but people have been giving me fish, so my freezer is getting quite full. I like it. And I like to fish. I have a lot to say, but my internet is annoyingly slow to type on, so this part will be short. I start work tomorrow. Today I have been moving into my new classroom, checking stuff out in here, all my books - it makes me happy. My room is pretty big, so that's nice. I have been walking a lot, and some people like to walk early in the morning before work, so I am going to try to go with them tomorrow, but we all know how much mornings do well with me, so we'll see how it lasts. Hopefully at least until cross country ski season, so I can keep up with exercise and not coop myself up in my lonely apartment reading and writing and watching movies and sleeping all the time. Anyway, the longer I am here, the happier I am about it. I think it will be good, good enough even to warrant a second year. But this will come in time.



This is my living room, looking from my front door. As you can see, I've already started to decorate... The kitchen cabinets are really ugly, the carpet smells old, and I love every square inch of it - well, except for the carpet and the cabinets. Let me show you the kitchen...



I don't know who said that was okay, but you know, whatev. Also, I have no microwave, so reheating equals baking. Oh, and those broken bowls are now functioning. And the sour patch kids down in the bottom right hand corner, those are running low, so you know, you can send more if you feel like it. I don't get to eat ice cream unless I want to pay 9 bucks a pint, so I need a new and cheaper indulgence. Sour Patch Kids are perfect.

Well, I should go - work to do, you know, and it needs to be an early night for me. Write to me!! Love to you all, dear readers. (Yeah, I've been reading way too much Jane Eyre... and I love it!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simрlу dеsire to ѕay your article
iѕ as astounding. The clearnesѕ fοr yοur ѕubmit is simply great
and that i сan ѕuppose you're an expert in this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to seize your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the enjoyable work.

Here is my blog post tens pain relief
Also see my site > tens machine

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information yοu providе
in your articlеs. I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I'll leaгn a lοt
of new stuff right here! Gοod lucκ for the neхt!


Reviеw my ωebpage; Http://Www.Tensunitsforpain.Com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for evеry other informаtive ωеb sіte.
The place else may just I am getting that κind of іnfo wrіtten in such an ideal way?
I've a challenge that I am simply now operating on, and I've been on the
loοk out foг such info.

Alѕo visit my web ѕіte :: dallas seo