a closer shot

Thursday, August 16, 2007

exhaustion setting in

A few notes:

We have teacher work days today, tomorrow, and Saturday, and Monday, and the kids start on Tuesday. Why does everything happen so fast? Sometimes I wish the world would just stop moving.

Remember when I said my finger was swollen? Yeah, the infection was pretty deep, and my friend Jake had to cut open my finger and squeeze (literally squeeze my bruised and swollen finger) all the puss out. I was sitting at their dining room table groaning, almost wailing, nearing tears - I can't tell you how much it hurt. There are no words. I think I'm going to quit biting my nails. So the pain kind of put me in a strange mood for the day, and I just felt bad. Janelle and I were working together in the morning again, and although she was mean to me all morning (in jest, of course), she made up for it by sitting with me while I soaked my finger in hydrogen peroxide for 20 minutes-ish, because that's how long it took for it to actually reach my infection. That's how deep it was in my finger. Anyway, it feels a whole lot better now. There is still a little swelling, but I'm just glad I didn't lose my finger. Sorry, Kel, I didn't take a picture of it. But it was nasty looking, I tell you what.

I am feeling very tired. Last night I went to be kind of early. I think I will tonight, too.

I got a package from my dad today. He sent me mixed nuts, Chips Ahoy, Sour Patch Kids, granola, English muffins, and I think a few other things. Guess what I've had for dinner so far? Mixed nuts and cookies. Last night? Cold lima beans and Cheez-Its. I am patiently waiting for my grocery box to get here. Although, mostly I just don't feel like cooking. I miss the old days of free food...

This will be a picture-less post. Nothing new to report, and I don't so much feel like putting anything up now.

It's good to be talking with Pete - good guy, good friend. I finally got to talk to Kelli, which was great. Lots of people are emailing, which is awesome. Some people are not emailing. Not so awesome.

My dog is great. She doesn't like to get up in the morning.

No comments: