a closer shot

Friday, August 8, 2008

Technically Working

Obviously it's been a while. Lots of things have happened, and things are beginning to change. I'm officially back at work. I volunteered (okay, I also got paid...) for the Welcome Wagon. BSSD set up an opportunity for new teachers to meet veterans in Anchorage for some shopping and transition to Alaska. It was a good learning experience for me, very hectic, but definitely fun. I wish I'd had someone to meet me in Anchorage! I'm glad I was able to help offer that to new teachers this year. Plus I met a bunch of new people.

One thing that I did do while in Anchorage was give away my puppy. It was a very sad day, but I know that she is very happy in her new home. Debbie and her daughter Meghan are very sweet and very excited. And who wouldn't be??? She's the cutest puppy in the world! They have since renamed her Kiara, which is perfect.



Since coming back to Unalakleet, Star has been happy to go back to normal, though she seems more and more attached to me. I think she is mellowing even more (she's had puppies before), and definitely relaxing as far as food goes. Instead of inhaling, she is starting to save and bury food, which is very odd for her. But I'm glad. She's a happy dog.



I've also been able to spend some time with our two new teachers, which is awesome. Ming is the new middle school Math and Science teacher. I met her in Anchorage, and we came in together. It's been good getting to know her better! Her dog is beginning to settle in, also, and hopefully her and Star will be able to become better friends since we are neighbors. :)



Ryan is the new high school Math teacher. We've been hanging out, berry picking, fishing, etc.



Jake and Janelle have also been awesome at taking us up river. It's been really good to be back home with such great people again!



Janelle is looking very pregnant, but carrying the lovely pregnant woman glow (or whatever it's called). She's due in October, and we are all very anxious to meet Jonah!



Besides working at the inservice this week, Adrianna and I have been moving into our new apartments, along with everyone else in the 14-Plex. She's moved into the 5-Plex with some sweet windows. Some of us are a little envious... She was able to paint her place a nice restful green and get some new couches. It's been cool that her brother came up for a couple weeks just to help her do all that! I've also been in the process of moving. My new place is quite big, much bigger than I really need. But it's a nice spot with an ocean-facing view, new furniture, more counter space, a pantry, 1.5 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and my own washer/dryer unit. Pretty crazy, huh?? I don't even know what to do with myself in there!



I even have a mud room, so no more shoes in the house. Now... what to do with the dog? Since this picture, I've done a little more rearranging, with the help of Sandy, a new teacher in Brevig that is staying with me while she is in town for trainings and such.



The weather has been pretty beautiful for the most part, with a few foggy days here and there. We are enjoying the sun as much as possible while we can! Cheers for now. :)

No comments: