a closer shot

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Dog Post for Debbie...

Debbie is a fan of Nemo, and wanted more pictures of her and her mother. This is the only way I could do it. So all my readers get a better look of the puppy crew!


This is Nemo at just a few days old. Her eyes weren't even opened yet! And at this point, she wasn't named. She got her name from a student who took care of Star and the puppy over the summer while I was away. They named her Nemo because she was the only puppy Star had.


Here she is, finding something else to chew on, something to play with, looking cute...


Although full of energy, Nemo does love her naps... preferably in my lap or snuggled close.


A close up, just before a nap.


Out on a walk, Nemo is always alert to fun smells and, of course, wherever Star is. She wants to be just like her mom!


Out on an afternoon walk in the tundra... Nemo is galloping towards Star, while mom waits patiently.


However, she is still just a pup, and she gets tired on our walks. After a while, if I stop for even a second, she takes the chance to have a break - resting right on my feet. It's one of her trademark spots. :)


This is mom, to get a better idea of her size. (Do you see the chair right behind her?)


Star is naturally lovely - nice face, very mild tempered. She is also very energetic, and you definitely know when she is excited (particularly when she sees me coming home - she's pretty attached to me), but she has an easy going nature. Nemo has her face and eyes, and I'm certain she has her temperament, as well.


Star is a happy dog with lots of love. She's been great for me! Can't help but love her. :)

So that's the dogs! They're gooduns... :)

2 comments:

Nina Koett said...

Yup, you're right - they are cute. I'm glad you have them.

Jasper says hi!

It looks like a nice day in the pictures, are you having more of them now?

Love and prayers, Mom

Adrianna said...

K...the doggies are super cute! Nemo likes to cuddle just like her Mom; Now you will have two super affectionate dogs. It looks like you are having fun so far in the village. I can't wait to get back and hangout.
-A