a closer shot

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Traveling Maniac

I'm sitting in my hostel in Anchorage - it's a nice little spot. Qupqugiaq Inn - I have no idea how to say it. Anyway, it's like a dorm, which is interesting. Fine with me. I'm just here for a night, then I'm off in the morning to Fairbanks (about a 6 hour drive, depending on the condition of the roads).

I picked my skis up this afternoon at the REI store, which is conveniently located only a few blocks from where my hostel is. I'll be up for a little while longer, however, though I'd like to go to bed. My luggage is still not here, and it won't arrive in Anchorage until between 9 & 9:30, so I just have to go to the airport and pick it up in baggage claim, which is pretty sweet.

Anyway, I will be posting a summary of last week's grand events in Indianapolis in the next week or so. It may be combined with my week here in Anchorage/Fairbanks. I'm not really sure when I'll get another chance to get online to do all of this. But it should be a great next few days.

NOTICE: Please check the brand new blog of Kelli Elizabeth. The link to her site is the first on my list of "people of note" in the right column. And enjoy. :)

1 comment:

John Wooton said...

awww, I wish we would have caught you while you were in town. We all could have gone out for coffee.