a closer shot

Friday, December 5, 2008

This, That, and Theirs

Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving.
The original day was declared for just that - giving thanks. I am thankful for lots of things, particularly alliteration and words that begin with "th." I am also grateful for synonyms and pictures that document the world around me. I think I'll copy Adrianna on this one and show you exactly the things for which I gave thanks last Thursday.

Babies, those things which remind all of us of the sustainability of life and the uncanny ability for humans to withstand trials of all kinds and still survive. I'm also thankful when they sleep, because that means they aren't crying.



Daniel turned three - Happy Birthday, Daniel! I am thankful that I have this opportunity to watch him grow.



This is the official Auntie Adrianna picture, at least in my baby book. And by that I mean, the baby book that I don't have. I am thankful that Janelle trusts us to hold her child.



At our Thanksgiving celebration, Jake and Janelle broke out the Wii and their brand new games. I am thankful for video games that require movement as well as competition. This was super, super much fun!



This is Adrianna cracked out on Thanksgiving dinner. I am thankful for turkey, stuffing, yams, salad, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, artichoke dip, and pie, among other things. :)



My dog's house has been drifted in by snow. I am thankful that I do not live in this house.



Anyway, she now lives inside with me. I am thankful that she is house trained.



It has been too windy to ski lately, but I am thankful that I have the means to ski when it is not so windy. Okay, not just a little breeze, but around 30mph. It's been some adventurous walks between school, home, the post office, and the Snyders'. :)



I am thankful for big boats.



I am thankful for good friends, and well, I am just thankful. :) I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving! After today, just two more weeks until Christmas break, at least for those of us still living on a semester schedule via school... I am anxious to see those of you whom I have not seen in far too long!!



Peace to you, and Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Adrianna said...

K- I love your blog post!! I especially love the "Adrianna cracked out on thanksgiving dinner" pic. I was totally in a carbohydrate coma! I really think your thankful post is cooler than mine.

KiraLevey said...

I am thankful for Karis' post about being thankful :-) Reading it today (12/6) was a nice reminder to be thankful on days that do not begin with thanks and end in giving.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful too - for you and Karl. And that you know how to be grateful. Love and prayers, Mom

Jake and Janelle Snyder said...

I know I'm a just a little biased, but I love that you put picts of my kiddos on your blog. And of course I trust you and A with them... you're their honorary Aunties!