a closer shot

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween O Eight, and Other Fun Activities

Fortunately, Halloween was on Friday this year. Thursday night was one busy evening. I not only had 3 dozen maple bars to make, but also a pan of brownies, a mess of hair, and a pirate.

My kitchen while I cooked:



Some cookies Adrianna made at my place:



My kitchen after I cooked:



And what we did in between:



Part of the process of becoming a pirate involved making my hair as gross as possible. This meant putting lots and lots of shaving cream in my hair to give it that knotted, dreaded look. Adrianna, of course, was there to help. That's why she's my number one stunner. :)

There were several bakers that evening. Damon and Heidi came over to share their goodies, and of course sample mine. We got a nice surprise during the evening. My first Full Circle Farm order came in. It's an organic farm in Washington that has just recently begun shipping to Unalakleet, which rocks for us. We get a sweet deal on fresh, organic produce. I've already been eating better! Here we are marveling at one of our pieces of green gold: a mango!



This year I dressed up as a pirate. (Special thanks to Sissy who got sweet costume materials in town - especially my sword!) Frankly, I was an amazing pirate. I won't lie. There were also a lot of other sweet costumes, including a paper sack, a plastic bag, and a stick. Who do you think was the coolest?



Here is my awesome tattoo:



The real Captain Jack Sparrow version, drawn with permanent market by one of my students.



Thanks, dude. :) It's still there.

Also, I just thought this was a cool shot of one of my kids during the Halloween parade of costumes.



With the carnival and the costumes and the baking and the candy, we had a very full Halloween. :) Thanks to everyone who made it rock!

Other fun things I've been up to: Skiing!! Our first excursion to the out of doors in the snow on our skis took place a couple of weekends ago. David, Ryan, Adrianna, Me, and a visiting friend Robert took a ride up to the North River bridge for some good, snowy fun.

This is David, Adrianna, and I:



And of course Adrianna - this is the first time she used her brand new skis!



It was beautiful weather, and loads of fun. I'm looking forward to a good season! I also went out once with Carrie up river. It was a beautiful evening. We both decided it's high time we got back into shape... sigh. I'll ski 100 times this year, I will!! (2 down, 98 to go...)

Here's me loving my skis:



Carrie was home for a whole 10 days! As always, it was good to spend some quality time together.



And the lovely sunset:



So that's pretty much it for now. Things are pretty busy here, but all is well. I've been enjoying my time with friends, new and old. Take care, and don't forget to comment. I've been averaging a whopping zero comments lately... hint hint! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful. Nice job on the cookies, the pirate and the enjoyment of the skiing.

tiff said...

life does look adventurous in unalakleet...glad you are having so much fun.

love the dirty pirate hair...hee :) and of course your tatoo!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks