a closer shot

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

insert squeel of excitement, like the sort you would hear from a thirteen year old girl

I AM GOING TO ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. I just got really excited. So this post is far from thought provoking or poetic or anything like it. I am just really extremely excited to be on a plane, looking out the window to see where I will be living for the next year. It's a new adventure, a new chapter for me, a new start, a new everything. I am addicted to adventure, so who knows what I'll be doing next. After a year or two I'll probably be ready for something new. I am starting to think it might be a problem, my need to move around so much, to do new things, to change, to have an adventure, to create a story for myself to tell that most people don't have, as if it makes me a better person. Am I trying to make something of myself worthy to boast about, just so I can boast? Am I a boaster? Or am I sincere? And another thing, I often wonder if there is a way to be too independent. I think there is a line, a boundary, past which a person is so independent that s/he loses the ability to be completely human, and that person may have to learn how all over again. I think I've been spending too much time alone. But that will all change, because I'm going to Alaska. :)

1 comment:

John Wooton said...

Hey Karis,
It's about time you got a blogger blog. I used to have one of these and switched to wordpress so I'd have a lot more functionality. I also bought a domain name for mine (inspiremediablog.com). Hope to see you in Indy sometime.
The Wootonator!