a closer shot

Friday, September 26, 2008

It Happens This Way Sometimes

No need to go into the terrible that has gloomed us for the past week (and longer). It's time to start moving forward, to find those things in life worth smiling about. Nothing ever stays miserable. What does that song say? "Life is a wheel in constant motion."

Anyway, to tell you the truth, the past few weeks that I haven't written have been fairly uneventful. I've been working, feeding the dogs, working, reading, working, being with friends, and, of course, working. But it's all worth it - my students are really what make this job so great. Sometimes I think they are the only reason I get out of bed and come to work in the morning. But that may just be my morning-ness.

I'll give a few pictures of things that I like. It is not an entirely all-encompassing story of what has dominated my thoughts, but it is something, hopefully, visually appealing.



The moose that Jake caught.



The moose that Jake caught.



Carrie's cat, Rijah.



One in a series of photographs of the Rijah.



My dog, Star. So happy together.



A good evening with friends - Adrianna: my #1 stunner, and the Lois to my Clark.



Janelle - last photo I have of her pregnant - and Daniel (DJ, Deej, booger, etc.). Janelle is in Anchorage getting ready to give birth to Jonah... October 2!!!! :)



I picture I sketched on Heidi and Damon's couch. Cool, huh? This is my new medium. Look out, big brother.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

You are the Clark to my Louis! As usual I heart your posts. It's cool to see some of the same events of my life retold through your point of view.
-A